Plan Highlights & Rates
- Starr Wright USA’s 10-Year Level Group Term Plan provides coverage to help with financial burdens and security beyond your government-provided coverage.
- Affordable rates are designed to remain level for 10 years*.
- The plan helps ensure funding for your children’s education, resolution of final debts, and collateral for bank loans.
- Coverage is available for your children. Benefits are payable regardless of any other insurance carried.
- Current/retired federal employees and or their spouses can take their coverage with them if they leave their current job(s) or move.
- Total combined coverage for each insured person under the Starr Wright USA Group Term Life Insurance Plan is $1,000,000.
Rather than applying online, applicants can apply for coverage from $100,000 to $1,000,000 in $25,000 increments.
Click here to download the application. Please complete and return the signed application to the plan administrator at the address listed on the form.
Fully Underwritten Applications
What is a Fully Underwritten application process?
A Fully Underwritten application process is where coverage is subject to underwriting approval by the insurer, and medical information may be requested from you or from your attending physician(s). A physical exam, EKG, blood test, or other information may also be required. These requirements will be at no cost to you and acceptance into the life plan is not guaranteed.
Fully Underwritten Plan Calculator
Starr Wright USA's affordable 10-Year Level Group Term Life Rates are based on current age, gender, and health. You may calculate your annual premium using the form below. Please Note: This calculator aims to provide an estimate of the annual premium you would pay for this insurance. While we strive to make the calculator as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy in all cases and instances. Using it does not guarantee your insurability.
Save time and apply online!
Not ready to apply online? You can still get started by downloading the application, completing, and returning the signed application to the plan administrator at the address listed on the form.
Think you might need a different policy term?
Starr Wright offers different term life insurance policies. Click the learn more button below for more details.
Questions about our 10-year Life Insurance Policy?
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions, or you can call us at 1.800.424.9801 for more information.
- Accelerated Life Benefit (ALB) – Helps terminally ill insureds during a difficult and often financially challenging time. The ALB provides the option to have a portion (up to 50%) of your life insurance benefit paid to you while still alive. This money can be used to help cover prescription drug costs, medical bills, outstanding debts, experimental treatments, the cost of modifications to your home, or anything else you choose. To qualify, an individual must be diagnosed as having a life expectancy of 12 months or less. Complete details are in the Certificate of Insurance. Receipt of the accelerated benefit may be taxable, or may adversely affect your eligibility for Medicaid or other government benefits. You should consult your personal tax advisor to assess the impact of this benefit.
- Conversion Privilege – You may convert your coverage to an individual whole life policy offered by ReliaStar Life, regardless of physical condition or medical history, under the conditions stated in your Certificate of Insurance.
- Beneficiary – You can name anyone you wish as your beneficiary(ies). That person will receive all the proceeds of your coverage in the event of your death. It could be a family member or a close friend. You can change your beneficiary at any time, by written request.
- Incontestability – The validity of any amount of insurance which has been in force for two years during the insured's life will not be contested except for non-payment of premium.
- Certificate of Insurance – The information provided here is only a brief description of the principal provisions and features of the plan. The complete terms and conditions are set forth in the certificate of insurance, under group policy GL-67182-7. A certificate will be sent to you upon approval of your insurance by the insurer. This group policy is issued by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company to the Civil Service Employee Benefits Association on Policy Form LP00GP.
- 30-Day Free Look – When you receive your Certificate of Insurance, read it carefully. If you're not completely satisfied with the terms of your new insurance plan, and no claims have been submitted or paid, simply return your certificate within 30 days and any premium paid will be refunded. No questions asked.
- Funeral Planning** – Starr Wright USA insureds have access to Funeral Planning & Concierge Services. These services provide an opportunity to discuss and obtain information from independent experts. These professionals can assist in funeral planning for insureds and eligible family members. Click here for details.
- Voya Travel Assistance*** – Voya Travel Assistance offers eligible Starr Wright USA insureds and their spouses four types of services when they are traveling more than 100 miles from home (domestically or internationally): Emergency Transportation Services, Medical Assistance Services, Emergency Personal Services, and Pre-Trip Information. Click here for details.
The Civil Service Employee Benefits Association (CSEBA) is the group policyholder of this insurance program. CSEBA makes available voluntary risk management products and services, other voluntary benefits, and educational services to current and former federal employees. Starr Wright USA acts as the program administrator for CSEBA.
Right to change benefits, rates or terminate the plan:
Changes to the group policy are subject to agreement between the group policyholder (CSEBA) and ReliaStar Life Insurance Company. CSEBA or ReliaStar Life may terminate the plan on any premium due date with advance notice. If the plan is terminated by CSEBA or ReliaStar Life, at least 30 days advance notice will be provided to the individual insured member(s). For level term coverage, the initial premium will not change for the first 10 years unless the insurance company exercises its right to change premium rates for all insureds covered under the group policy with 60 days advance written notice.
Exclusions: A death benefit will not be paid due to death as a result of suicide (while sane or insane) within 2 years of the date insurance or increase of insurance coverage starts. The Accelerated Life Benefit is subject to additional exclusions.
Group Term Life Insurance Underwritten by:
ReliaStar Life Insurance Company
This is a summary of benefits only. A complete description of benefits, limitations, exclusions and termination of coverage will be provided in the certificate of coverage. All coverage is subject to the terms of the group policy. If there is any discrepancy between this document and the group policy documents, the policy documents will govern.
*The initial premium will not change for the first 10 years unless the insurance company exercises its right to change premium rates for all insureds covered under the group policy with 60 days advance written notice.
**Funeral Planning and Concierge Services provided by Everest Package, LLC, Houston, TX.
***Voya Travel Assistance Services are provided by Europ Assistance USA, Bethesda, MD.
Group Term Life Insurance is underwritten by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company, a member of the Voya® family of companies. Home and Administrative Offices: Minneapolis, Minnesota. Policy form LP00GP. Product availability and provisions may vary by state. The group policy is situated in the District of Columbia and is governed by its laws.